JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My beko dishwasher DWD5412 has broken down and can only be

Customer Question

Hello, my beko dishwasher DWD5412 has broken down and can only be 3-4 years old. It is making the right sounds when i switch it on but at the time when the water should be turning the paddles and making a swooshing noise nothing just the same noise like at the start then just a gurgling noise, have tried turning the programe dial but it doesnt help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

This sounds like a water inlet issue, can you confirm when you open the dish washer there is no sign of water in the dish washer (its dry)?

If this is the case I would first check the pipe going from the water supply (normally under the sink) to the dish washer hasnt been kinked and the valve is open.

If this is the case, it would appear the actuator in the dishwasher has failed and needs to be replaced, the part is about £30 from places such as here.
Please let me know how you get on checking the water supply.

James

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James, the dishwaster was indead dry apart from yesterday when I tried it once more before messaging you, a very small amount of water- drops- did get through but not a lot. We have disconected the water pipe from the mains and checked the fillters not blocked- all fine- but we havent checked where that pipe entets the dishwasher as the conection is so tight, should we do this? Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

If the pipe can be removed it would be worth removing it from the dishwasher end placing it in a bucket and just checking the water is moving through the pipe freely, however if there arent any kinks int he pipe its unlikely to be the pipe at fault, so if it wont come off dont force it.

Are there any error codes displayed on the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It doesnt have a digital display so cannot tell
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

On the front after you leaving it running for 10 minutes what lights are flashing, there should be salt level, rinse aid and set a progress lights. Please let me know which are illuminated and which are flashing, as the combination are used to determine an error code of the appliance realises its having an issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No light are flashing, rinse aid- no light, salt- red light, on/off - green, wash- green all as normal really
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are trying to find the solenoid water valve, most dishwashers are saying behind front kick plate but i cannot see it, would it be the side i would have to remove?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi Moira,

The valve will be located right next to where the inlet water pipe enters the dishwasher, if you cant locate it pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its side and then look up from underneath.

When you remove the valve have a small bucket to hand to collect water which is in the pipe etc, you may find it useful to watch the video here, although this is not for Beko by in large all dishwashers are the same.

If you still have problems locating it, please add a picture of what you see.

Cheers

James