Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Bought new HP laptop my daughter in law went to set it up

Customer Question

Bought new HP laptop my daughter in law went to set it up and put***@******.*** in stead of***@******.***
Volkswagen3 is my password. laptop is jammed .
Please how do I fix it. only bought laptop today. tried account .live.com number the gave me does nothing. many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. To confirm, that password ***** be used to log in your new HP laptop.

What's the latest number it's given you when trying at the account.live.com website?

Are you or anyone currently able to access the yahoo email address Volkswagen3?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

If you'd like to reset the new HP laptop fresh, i.e., to make it brand-new again, so you can re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want, then please try the following fix:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" if shown, and option "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Another method:

1. Shut down the new HP laptop.
  2. Turn on the laptop, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 repeatedly until a menu appears.
  3. Then select the option Troubleshoot.
  4. Then select option System Recovery and continue.
    ; (Or select option Reset PC, and option "Removing everything" if shown, and option "Just remove files.", and continue.)

- If there is still any issue, please answer my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot further. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,