carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I need help with my wifi/broadband. I have fibre optic (O2)

Customer Question

I need help with my wifi/broadband. I have fibre optic (O2) which has decent speed but we live in an old cottage with thick walls so to extend coverage I installed a Devolo system consisting of a Duo adapter and six 500 adapters. Coverage within the house is poor and I cant get the Sky linked to the broadband so I can use Catch Up etc. We live near Northampton so seeking a tech who can come and sort this. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 12 months ago.

Hi Mike,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I can talk you through a few things to try or maybe we could arrange a remote session to your computer and I can have a look at the settings of your network etc.

I can recommend a local engineer who maybe able to take a look at it for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CarlThanks. The problem is not with the network but rather distribution of signal. I think teh solution is to install Cat5 cable so have someone coming tomorrow to fix it.Thanks
Mike
Expert:  carlday1 replied 11 months ago.

Cabling is the way to go the more cat5 you can cable the better,also I would get them to check the WIFI channel and make sure you are on the best channel for your house. I find that the routers idea of auto is not always the best.

Hope you get it all sorted.