Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Getting sound but no picture

getting sound but no picture

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Could you please get me the model number written on unit in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32D1333DB or 32D1334DB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not securely connect thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba

OK, so it is Toshiba 32 inch TV with DVD player, correct?
- Does the screen glow/ show backlight when turn On the TV?

- Does menu/ volume bar or any graphics appear on screen?

Secure Remote Assistance only possible for computers, no way to connect to TV through internet, sorry about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is black. there was picture at first but then just went off leaving sound only

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you suggest need new tv?

Not now, did you get my previous reply?

I asked in previous reply, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it On and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried this earlier but will try again

OK, take your time, this step will help to troubleshoot the issue in TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not worked just sound still

OK, can you shine a good flashlight/ torch on TV screen while having sound from TV and check any dim/ faint image visible inside screen?

This test will confirm that TV has backlight system failure if faint/ dim image is visible and you would need to replace either power supply board or main board of TV to resolve the problem. If TV is more than 4-5 years old then you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV repair. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you am afraid old tv so will get new one