JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

We have just bought a recline exercise bike that can receive

Customer Question

Hi we have just bought a recline exercise bike that can receive TV radio and wireless internet. It came without an aerial so we connected an indoor digital aerial but there is no signal being received. What aerial should we connect? Or do we need to do something else?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

In order to better advise you can you advise the model of recline exercise bike, and what type of digital aerial you have plugged in, is it a DAB or Terrestrial aerial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it is a technogym elite plus 700 recline bike and I connected a One for All full HD dvb-t/t2 television and dab radio indoor aerial
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Indoor aerials have mixed success, the best thing to do is find a working TV and plug it into the antenna, position the antenna to the point where you get a strong signal on the TV, then plug the antenna into the bike.

Its likely the issue with the bike TV not being able to pick up a channel being due to the antenna struggling due to poor reception.

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Humm. Not sure I will find a spare tv to try what you have suggested. Is there anything else we can try?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Is there a TV point connected to the houses main aerial near by, you could buy a long coax cable and plug the machine in to the TV point which may be in the next room. Then tune the bike in, using the house antenna, once you can view TV on the bike this proves its not a setting issue on the bike TV and you can then swap over the antenna to the indoor one. It would then be a case of moving the indoor antenna around the room until you start to see a picture on the bike.

If you cant plug the bike into a working\calibrated antenna, you could try and place the antenna outside of the window (when its not raining) and see if this will let you tune the bike in, then bring the antenna back in and find a place inside which lets you get a picture.

Lastly you could buy a high gain internal antenna which has a booster which you plug in, and is designed for aerials with poor signal.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see how you got on with the suggestions for fault finding the antenna?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James yours suggestions are not quick to do so not got an answer at the moment. Regards
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just wanted to see if I can be of any further assistance, if not ill continue to keep the question on hold until you have tried the suggested fault finding steps above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pl keep on hold for another week. Thanks