*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My toshiba tv 32w3453db won't turn on the stand by button

Customer Question

my toshiba tv 32w3453db won't turn on the stand by button flashes red and green. Quick google, and I have seen it is a common issue, but no answers on how to fix??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tom,

My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This could be caused by a failed power supply on the main board. We will need to determine if the Toshiba can be powered on by a power reset, if it can then it is only a glitch in the power circuit. If not then you will need to have the power supply tested and repaired. Try this please, disconnect the main power cord from the outlet, then press and hold the power switch on the tv panel for 60 seconds, then release. Then wait 15 minutes and reconnect the power to the TV.

Then try powering on normally with the power button on the TV panel.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!