Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I own a Kenwood KRF-V5030D and would like to use it in

I own a Kenwood KRF-V5030D and would like to use it in connection with my Phillips TV to improve the sound quality of the TV reception. Is it easily possible?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was "Is it easily possible?" If it is, tell me what I should do, if it is not then I shall have to accept that and leave things as they are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I will fix it when you tell me what to do
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

This really depends on what type of Philips TV you have..

does it have an optical output connection? If so then yes it can easily be connected.

Let me know the TV model number if you require any further info.

Thanks,

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, the Phillips tv is anewish model 43PUT4900 and has a single optical connection, several HDMI and the usual aerial ones. Is this info that which you require? Bill
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes, thanks for that useful info, Bill.
The 43PUT4900 does indeed have a Digital Optical Output connection, so you can connect it to the KRF-V5030D system.
You will just need to use an optical cable, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metre-Premium-Toslink-Digital-Optical/dp/B006ZCZI3G
--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, There is provision on thrKenwood for cd/DVDs, video 1 & 2, phono, tuner but no TV slot and have connected an optical link between the KEnwood an my Sony CD player successfully. How do I match the optical cable between the TV and getting sound out of my Kenwood amplifier and Speakers?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You can use the S-Video connection.

You can actually get an optical cable with the correct end on it - S-Video Cable With Toslink Optical Audio:

http://www.cablesforless.com/12-Foot-S-VideoSVHS-Cable-With-Toslink-Optical-Audio-P6189.aspx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, the KRF-V5030D that I have has no Video S sockets - only the bigger V70. models.It appears that seems to be that unless you can come forward with a brilliant way round this problem. See if you can come up with a solution, otherwise I shall have to go down the sound bar route. Regards, Bill
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill,

One way around this problem to use the Kenwood system would be to use a converter to convert the optical digital sound to RCA: https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Digital-Optical-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01AWBA8U8/

However a sound bar would be my personal preferred choice for better sound quality and neatness.

Best,

Pete.