Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My brand-new windows 10 pc refuses to recognise my HP

My brand-new windows 10 pc refuses to recognise my HP Deskjet F2480 printer: I accidentally uninstalled it, and can't get it back!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you reinstall the printer? Is there any error or message?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8b357b84-1147-4e51-8fd4-29b465260d41
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On the computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/jzekltq
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.

; (then double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Connected, working on issue. Thank you,

Via remote support, I reinstalled the printer's driver / software. When you are available, please do the following steps, then your printer should work.

1. (If needed, open the icon Add a Device - Deskjet... on your Desktop screen.)
  2. Disconnect the USB printer cable from the printer and the computer for now.
  3. Make sure printer is powered on.
  4. Connect the USB printer cable securely to the printer and to (another) USB port at the back of your computer.
  5. Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically be installed.
  6. Check printing.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Still working on issue.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Reminder: Do not uninstall the printer again, and do not change the USB printer port on the computer, i.e., do not plug the printer to a different USB port on the computer; keep the printer connected to the same current port on the computer.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.