JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have an Indesit washing macine. The door remains locked

I have an Indesit washing macine. The door remains locked with a clicking sound and the lights all flash and the machine wont work. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Can you please advise the model number of your washer.

With regards ***** ***** flashing lights are the specific lights flashing, is there any number shown on the display such as "E3"

The is most likely to be a mechanical fault, however I can certainly talk you through how you can get the washing out of the machine while the door is still locked and check common faults such as the waste pipe being blocked.

Should that fail I can can help you identify the likely fault, and recommend a suitable engineer to affect a repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for relying so quickly. Sorry for my delay.

The machines code number seems to be IWDE7145

The fault code is apparently FO6.

Regards,

Tony Blok

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

Looking up the error code on the manufacture page here, it shows as a hardware fault to do with the door lock.

There are a number of causes, the most likely is the actuator has failed so it cant release the lock, you can manually open the washing machine by following the video here (as a workaround to get your washing out.

With regard to a repair the part is about £10 and can be purchased from here, I would imagine to get someone to do the repair it would be around £30 in labour, its not overly complicated, the video here shows you what would be required (all machines are the same when it comes to the door lock).

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James