Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cannot connect my Bravia tv to the internet

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry, remote assistance only possible with Computers, there is no way to connect to TV through internet from here.

I need your TV model number written on back cover to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model KDL-40NX703
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** TV working fine with same router before this problem occurred?

Does TV show router/ network point name in list during network search?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have never been able to connect.
What is a network point name?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, have you tried to run Network Setup in TV menu to establish internet connection with your router?

Network/ access point means WiFi router name available nearby.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried many times the network setup. The router is Technicolout TG582n FTTC
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, does your TV show the router names list when run network setup to select the particular router to put password *****?

By the way, how old is the TV and is it still under warranty?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This has not shown in the network search
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Just to clarify, other things such as laptop, smart phone etc are connected to same router and working fine, correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The TVs is about 6 years old and out of guarante
My iPad an Amazon Fire tablet work fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** look into related manual to see what is happening, get back with you in 15 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fine, Shahid
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for waiting, it seems WiFi Module (also known as Wireless LAN Card isn't working for some reason that is why TV doesn't receive your router wifi signals during network search and unable to establish connection with router.

WiFi Module is small circuit board installed below the main board at rear of TV and replacement of WiFi Module will resolve the problem. Required wifi board part number is ***** that can be used to search/ google to get price info to order it if you have plan to repair it yourself.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for trying to get me connected Shahid.I will look into the solution you have offered me. I don't know why the Sony help team did not suggest this, as they are supposed to be the HELP LINE!
Roger