Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Panasonic TV Windows 10 / Acer Laptop Windows 10. When

Customer Question

Panasonic TV Windows 10 / Acer Laptop Windows 10. When attempting to stream music Windows Media Player to TV I am unable to stream sound.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

After the Windows upgrade it resets the permission to Stream.

You can enable this again by opening Windows Media Player and reset the Streaming permissions.
--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have successfully re-setted the Streaming permissions on more than one occasion so it would seem that the problem rests with the operation of the the TV Panasonic Model number TX-P42G2OB. I receive visual pictures on the TV screen showing the tracts but on selection no sound is forthcoming. Unfortunately the Operating Instructions comprises 108 pages and far beyond my technical abilities to comprehend. Unless you can assist it looks as if I shall require the personal services of a Panasonic technician.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the TV is at fault then try resetting it and set it up again.

To do a factory reset, see page 51 of the manual.

Then see page 40 for the setup process.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise when Secure Remote Assistance will be available for connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise when Secure Remote Assistance will become available
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

Secure Remote Assistance is offered automatically by the website; I don't think it will be helpful in this case, as the problem is with the TV and I cannot connect to it.

Did you try the factory reset on the TV and then go through the setup again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete the electronics technician has advised me that using a Secure Remote Assistance connection will not be able to solve my problem. Accordingly please refund the £22 charge that has been made for this service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
Unfortunately the payment for Secure Remote Assistance has been processed through my bank account. Following your advice I cancelled the request and I shall now be grateful if you will authorise a refund.John