*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Toshiba laptop Satellite Pro C850-1K4 does not switch on.

My Toshiba laptop Satellite Pro C850-1K4 does not switch on. Only a dark blue appears on the screen. It does make the familiar switch on click as I open the lid. Is it lost and gone for ever?
Ambrose Scott-Moncrieff
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi , My name is***** am a certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your Toshiba will work normally again.

Try these steps please. Remove the battery, then disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and try powering on. Let me know if any changes occur.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.