Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Morning my tv has gone black there is sound but no picture

morning
my tv has gone black there is sound but no picture only had the tv just over 12 months could you help me please
chris
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 55inch Samsung led tv
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

Have you tried connecting different input sources and cable types? (e.g. HDMI cable, Sky box, DVD player, etc)

If all input sources are affected the same way then the TV has a fault.

The TV is covered by Samsung's 2 year warranty in the UK, so you can either take it back to the retailer or contact Samsung directly to have it repaired or replaced: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just spoke to Samsung it is only a 12month warranty
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Where did you buy the TV?

Any goods bought in the UK or EU have an automatic 2 year warranty applied - see the following article on this little-known rule:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html