Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have bought a Samsung BD-HDD combo BD-H8500M it doesn't

I have bought a Samsung BD-HDD combo BD-H8500M it doesn't seem to be compatible with our television, (LG M227WDP 22inch) the television set up seemed okay, but we can't set the remote up, and we can't change channels . Do we need to buy another t.v.!?? and which t.v. would be compatible ... need small one for the kitchen, no bigger than 22inch screen.
Many thanks, Diane
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Diane,

If you want a TV that is compatible with the remote, then you will need to opt for a Samsung model.

The smallest compatible Samsung TV that is available is 24":

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-t24e310-24-led-tv-10127019-pdt.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to make the recorder compatible with other tv's, eg my LG model, is there a universal remote control that could work? Sorry don't understand ... is it only the remote that is not compatible with the tv or the actual dvd recorder? A 24" is far too big, but can't return the DVD player so stuck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also which model is the Samsung 24" which you say is compatible please, in case we get desperate!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there are indeed universal remotes that you could use to control both the LG TV and the Samsung recorder:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-Essence-Universal-remote/dp/B003NSIE40/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks so if I buy the universal remote it should work?!... could I just ask is the Dvd samsung model I have a hard drive or do we need discs to record...sorry in a real muddle with this!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the universal remote will work for both devices.

Yes, the Samsung BD-H8500M recorder has a built-in 500GB hard drive so you don't need discs.

You are very welcome :)

Happy Sunday,
Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help.... problem sorted off to order from Amazon now! Diane