Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I bought a Toshiba digital TV and disc player 23DL934B just

I bought a Toshiba digital TV and disc player 23DL934B just over 3 years ago. It has not been used much but the LED light won't come on. The electricity supply is working and the fuse in the plug is OK. I have tried switching on by pressing the middle of the programme/volume button on the left side of the TV but the LED light does not come on. Is there anything else I can do or should I go to a repairman? I live near Exmouth and where would be the nearest Toshiba repairer?
Anthony **********
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid.
I'm ready to proceed. How can you securely connect to my TV in order to fix it?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid
I am ready to proceed.
Anthony
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

HI Anthony,

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer. Is it TV which doesn't power On?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid
I have been out and only just returned. It is a TV with a built-in CD player.
Anthony
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes, rpelug back in and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and the LED light still does not come on even when I press the programme/volume button.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems standby power supply section located on power supply board isn't working that is why no power light or sign of life found in TV. This kind of failure is expected if TV got surge volts or power cord is always plugged in.

You would need to replace power supply board in TV to resolve the problem. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.