JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a BDP-450 Pioneer smart 3D bluray multi region player

which purchased from a small company? in Essex a couple of years ago
was working ok but in the last few months it has completely lost the display on the front for some reason. I bought this particular model via eBay because the smart software had been removed as I already had a smart 3D tv model & didn't want it twice is there anywhere I can take my machine for someone to take a look & even re-install the smart software as I think this maybe the cause of the problem ?
Thanking you in anticipation
John
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

This sounds like a hardware failure rather than a software issue which would be associated with Smart TV.

In most cases these devices are uneconomical to repair, however if you can provide me with your postcode I can recommend a repair centre for you, and they can then give you a quote.

If the unit working with the exception of the display it could just be a lose cable, or faulty LCD display which would be a quick fix, certainly worth taking it in and getting a quote.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok James thanks for that.
My postcode is MK14 7LX
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
MK14 7LX
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I have referred a few customer in MK to BDS, they have always done a great job and only heard good things from those who I refer there, they should be within 5 miles of you too which is a bonus, their number is ***** 769697.

Please let me know if you need any further advice.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi again James
I contacted BDS as you suggested and apparently they don't deal with Pioneer products of any kind.
Do you have any other advice please.
John
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

John sorry for the inconvenience I had thought I arrange for a Pioneer hifi to be repaired not long ago, I must be mistaken.

I have spoken to a colleague who suggested Richer Sounds, as the approved service centre list here, dont have any near you. Richer Sounds are closed until noon, so I will give them a call and check they can do the repair, from what my colleague has said you drop it into any of their stores (one is near the Milton Keynes Train station) and they send it to their Head Office for repair, and normally offer a fixed price repair.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeh I read that they have a repair service centre in Manchester I think.
I will contact them & see what they say thanks for that James & no inconvenience caused
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok I will leave it with you, please let me know if you run into the same issue, at which point it would be a case of posting it to one of the approved centres on the list, but by which time it will probably be uneconomical to repair due to postal charges.

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.