KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

Television will not turn. And the red standby light is

Customer Question

Television will not turn. And the red standby light is constantly flashing??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its make and model number.. how old is the TV ? and does the standby light flash in a sequence or is it flashing continuously
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Samsung UE39F5500
It's 3 years old and there is a sequence to it. It seems to be a " dot dot dash " 5 times then a pause might solid then repeats the " dot dot dash " it does this continually
Andy

Thanks for that... 5 blinks indicate a issue with power supply or the led panel ... the cost of repair will be around £120 if its the power board causing this issue and around £180 if the problem is with LED backlight