Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My new Toshiba 48U7653DB ( bought 2 weeks ago) will not turn

My new Toshiba 48U7653DB ( bought 2 weeks ago) will not turn on this morning with the remote , the screen starts to boot and Toshiba logo comes up but then the re-boot starts again , the power led changes from red to green and to yellow and back to red , and then the process repeats a second time and then stops. I have tried removing the power cable , i.e. performing a hard reset of the TV , and repeated the exercise but the problem does not go away.
What can I do , or is this a critical failure ?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Just to clarify, TV displays Toshiba logo screen then switches Off, turns On again itself and shows logo screen and this cycle keeps going on, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe an automatic FW upgrade may have taken place last night @ 3.00 pm , for my model of television, and I think there is a "bug" with it.I can't download any old ( or new) FW from the Toshiba web site to down load to USB for hardware re-boot fix (not available) since they are only giving over the air "internet" Fw upgrades since this is a relatively new TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent an email to their UK support company Exertis.co.uk for this toshiba make of television this morning , reporting the FW issue but I am still waiting for a response from them . I will keep you informed on any update news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can get me an earlier version of FW for my TV and email it to me I would be very happy because I am sure that will probably fix the issue if I downloaded it to USB and updated the TV ,and then switch off current Automatic FW updates until Toshiba update the FW that has the "bug " , I don't believe this is a TV , HW failure since the set is very new.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Your diagnosis seems correct and it seems firmware issue which is causing rebooting the TV repeatedly. Unfortunately FW update can't be reverse, I mean previous version FW can't be installed once newer version is installed so immediate remedy is to return the TV to have it replaced and some times Toshiba provide bug free firmware to stores and service centers prior to releasing it for public to cure the problem. Either the store will replace the TV or quickly update its firmware (with correct copy) to fix the problem. I'm sorry there is no other way around for an easy or quick fix to this issue. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.