Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic DVD model DMREX95VEBS (seven years old)

I have a Panasonic DVD model DMREX95VEBS (seven years old) and suddenly am unable to get a programme guide, although can still play the hard drive recordings from the list. I purchased a replacement remote, but this hasn't solved the problem. What should I do?
Nigel.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Have you tried to unplug DVD recorder power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
- If it has already tried or didn't work then have you tried to run auto program in DVD recorder setup menu for fresh scan of available channels?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Unplugged DVD for just over 10 minutes. On switching it on again it began to run the Auto set-up automatically, but it was an ANALOGUE programme, and finally stated "No stations found" (which wasn't surprising as I understand the analogue service ended last year!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems DVD recorder has lost previous/ saved channel data for some reason. Please go to Setup then select Others and find Initialize/ Shipping Condition option to restore default settings in DVD recorder, unplug power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in, turn it On and go through first time/ initial setup wizard where unit will do auto program/ auto startup/ setup (different verbiage for same function) to scan channels.

Please reply with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as you suggested - unit went into auto-setup, but again it was in analogue, not digital mode, so "No stations found"!! It occurs to me, that the DVD was bought in the analogue era, so is this why it reverts to trying to set up the programs in analogue rather than digital?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems digital tuner section failure whereas analog section in same tuner box is still working so recorder goes to analog channel search. Please go to Tuning option in Setup menu and select Digital option and run it to see if any channel show up. If problem persist then I'm afraid it would be tuner box failure in DVD recorder and tuner board will need to be replaced by local technician but it may cost good money.

I hope these info will help to make decision about this unit repair or invest on new replacement DVD recorder. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.