nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Sony Vaio Ultrabook - it's approx. 3 years old. It

I have a Sony Vaio Ultrabook - it's approx. 3 years old. It has recently developed a single vertical black hairline on the screen display one pixel wide just to the left of centre of the screen what is this likely to be caused by?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robin. Welcome to justanswer.

Did you drop it somewhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - it appeared about 10 minutes after switching on last week then disappeared after restarting but reappeared today at start up and is now there permanently

Press Ctrl Alt Righ arrow and tell me does the location of the line changes or it is still there. To turn back your screen press Ctrl Alt Up Arrow. This will tilt the screen back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Soryy - got waylaid! The line remains in the same place on the screen regardless of screen orientation

Is the ultrabook still under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - it's about 3.5 years old.

Your device`s lcd screen has damaged. It won`t cause a problem yet. But with time the fault will increase

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan - I feared as much. Oh well, I'll look around on Ebay etc to see if I can pick up a spare. Thanks for your help.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.
You will see a tab on your screen saying WRITE A REVIEW. A positive review is well appreciated. Thanks