nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a sony experia z5 compact. Second hand in very good

I have a sony experia z5 compact. Second hand in very good condition. I inserted my sim card from z3 compact and all well with contacts etc. I can get wifi but not mobile data and have package with virgin. When sim put back in old z3 ,mobile data useable. Mobile data switch is on.virgin network selected and calls in and out are ok. I had to go through a lot of start up questions when I first powered z5 and maybe turned something off. Phone was a vodaphone one before as apps on the screen show this. Any help? Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Phil. Welcome to justanswer.

Resetting will make the phone as the brand new. The data saved on the phone will be erased but all the settings will be set to default. Go to Settings. Under Backup and restore, you will find an option Factory data reset. Select it and let the process finish. Now set up your phone again and check if the problem is still there or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that. Set phone to wifi and mobile data not just wifi. Still no mobile data. As I said sim works in old z3 and connects on mobile data as well as wifi.

Go to Settings- About phone. Update the phone`s OS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had not set the AP Name .All seems ok now. Happy to credit you for your time. cannot click on star though!

That's great Phil. I am happy that your problem is resolved.

Please rate the chat POSITIVELY by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.

You will also see a tab WRITE A REVIEW. A positive review is well appreciated. Thanks. Happy Sunday