Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Why does my panasonic TX-L47DT50B tv very freequently crash

Customer Question

why does my panasonic TX-L47DT50B tv very freequently crash
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a common problem with this model of TV, or do I have a rogue one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very pleased with the TV side of the set, it is the fact that the internet crashing gets me a bit frustrated. I like reading some of the stories, and that is when the crashes seem to happen. Can you do a remote fix on it, or will it need to go into workshop to be fixed ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Do the all internet apps in TV give trouble?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N ot sure about age I think 5 or 6 years old. Always had the occasional crash but getting more frequent over the last year. Google seems to be the most affected.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to restore TV to default settings then go through initial setup wizard for fresh settings including network setting to establish fresh connection with router for internet and check internet apps in TV?

If not yet, press Menu on TV remote, go to Setup option then System Menu and select Shipping Condition to restore TV to default settings. Auto Setup wizard will automatically start for first time settings.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Setup option does not offer System Menu. We have TV GUIDE SETTINGS. ECO NAVIGATION. RECORDING SETUP. LINK SETTINGS. CHILD LOCK. FREESAT TUNING MENU. OTHER SAT. TUNING MENU. DIVX VOD. DISPLAY SETTINGS. display settings offer PREFERRED SUBTITLES. INPUT LABELS. BANNER DISPLAY TIMEOUT. VIERA CONNECT BANNER. RADIO MODE.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Press Menu button on TV or its remote to get TV own menu screen.

Do you see Setup option?

If so, can you please look for Reset All or Reset to default setting or Shipping condition option?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just told you everything on offer on SETUP . There is nothing else,and I went through all options in SETUP, the only option out of them all that I thought maybe promising was DISPLAY SETTINGS but as you see that was no good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have located shipping conditions and that is now in progress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. Ivan.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, please reply back with the result of sipping condition.