JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

On my sony 26 inch bravaria tv the hdmi captions in top LH

on my sony 26 inch bravaria tv the hdmi captions in top LH corner of screen when viewing Sky channels remain in view whereas they used to disappear?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
KDL264000. Bravia 26 inch model purchased in Aylesbury,UK. in february 2009.
I would prefer at present to not to consent to "securely connect" until I have your replies.
I still do not know what I have payed for as cannot access terms and conditions.
Regards Richard.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Thanks Richard for info.

Please do not initiate "securely connect" offer as it works for computers and there is no way to connect your TV through internet.

KDL264000 seems invalid/ incorrect model number, please recheck.

Also, do you have Sony remote that came with the TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thankyou Shahid
I do have a Remote for TV as well asone for Sky HD.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Nice, please pick Sony remote and find Info (i) or Display button on remote, press it once.

Does on-screen display/ caption disappear now?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

So the hdmi captions in top LH corner of screen has gone now?

If so, problem is resolved. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the caption disappears but I know that as soon as I press menu to exit the hdmi caption will come back!
This problem only exists while im watching a Sky channel ; it does not exist if on "digital".
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, try to got through your usual procedure to confirm if the caption reappears?

If so, please unplug TV and Sky box power leads from wall power sockets for 5 minutes, replug back in, turn them On and again check HDMI caption/ on-screen display.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay have done as asked but the problem still exists!
Incidently this fault only started last Friday.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

I'm out of ideas what it could be, let me repost the question for other experts to have a look.

I'm opting out to repost the question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks for your efforts;I await with anticipation.
Regards Richard.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi Richard,

There seems to be a bug in the setup, the fastest way would be to do a factory reset.

This does mean you will need to re tune and potentially setup your wireless again, however probably alot quicker than going through each menu enabling and disabling settings, the easiest way is to put the TV in standby, hold down the UP arrow key and press and hold the power button, as the TV starts up release the up arrow key.

Please let me know if you continue to get the same issue after performing a factory reset.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cannot seem to get this to work !
Holding both Up and Power buttons down together keeps it on Standby. .....only by releasing the Up button allows the TV to come On. I am selecting Up button first in this process.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok, it may be your device has a different firmware version.

With the TV on, press and hold down the UP arrow button on the remote, then press the power button on the rear of the TV (not note the remote) for 3 seconds.

Please let me know if this has worked.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for delays but communicating by I Pad which I have to keep checking from time to time!
Holding Up button on remote then holding power button on,in my case,on top of the set ,for 4 or 5 secs it goes off and the power/standby light goes out altogether and then I release the Up button.
Tried this twice to no effect,the second time leaving the set in this off state for five minutes.
To get it back On I have to operate the power button on set as remote has no effect on ,the fault I mean.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok, this is sounding like a hardware fault then, probably something to do with the signal processor on the main board.

To confirm this happens on more than one HDMI port, I just want to rule out its the HDMI cable at fault.

If your happy the HDMI cable isnt at fault, then the next step is to get the TV into a repair centre, if you advise me of your postcode I can recommend a suitable company.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thankyou for your reply.
My Uk post code is HP22 5DZ. I do have one more source of possible help,a Sony help line that I obtained from local "Curry" computer/tv shop ,this morning ,just in case you cannot find a suitable repair company!
Regards Richard.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I have had a customer not far from you use a firm called TV Services, they can be contacted on 01296 421070, I think they are open to about 7.30pm most days from what my colleague has said.

They often will have a look at the TV free of charge, give you a quote, and they seem to offer a really good level of customer service.

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Problem solved!!!
Icredibly that number turned out to be in my own village,a one man business,who said try pressing top left button on the remote,labelled i+. That simple and I thought I had tried them all !
Once again thanks for all your help. Im happy for my.justanswer to secure the monthly fee after which I wish to cancel !
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem, I thought the i+ button was suggested earlier by my colleague but that didnt work.

Appears to have been miss communication, at least your back working again.

So I may close the case please rate the service received.

James

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.