Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I own a Samsung Galaxy J1 and the location services used to

Customer Question

I own a Samsung Galaxy J1 and the location services used to work. now if I turn location on the little location icon just keeps flashing for hours on end do you know why
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Galaxy J1 location services question today.

When the icon is flashing, this means that it is actively checking what your location is to update location based services.

You may have a location based app running in the background - try force-closing all apps and restart your phone.

Let me know if that helps?

-------------

Kindly rate my service 5 stars if my answer worked, or reply back if you need further assistance.

Pete.

-------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I am aware there are no apps running, I am constantly turning my phone off and on and it makes no difference
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Try the following:

• Press and hold down the “Home” key until a list of all running apps are displayed on the screen.
  • Tap on the “Task Manager” icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • Tap on the “RAM” tab.
  • Tap on “Clear memory.”
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the home key look like on my mobile phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just taken the phone back to the place I bought it as it was still under warranty, They have done a factory reset and the phone went immediately into downloading an update.Their conclusion is the phone crashed during an update and therefore the software is corrupt. As soon as the download completes I have to see whether the location is fixed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The Home key is the main button on the phone that takes you back to the home screen menu.

Ok, let me know how you get on.

If I can be of any further assistance just let me know at any time.

Pete.