*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have just had my Panasonic Smart DX600 4K tv delivered. My

Hello?
I have just had my Panasonic Smart DX600 4K tv delivered. My son and I set it up, so it is now working, but we noticed the Common Interface slot. No card came with it. Do I need one?
Also, it doesn't seem to have a pause, record, and rewind facility on it, for live tv? :(
Very many thanks to you
Kim
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The Common Interface (CI) is the slot which a conditional access module (CAM) may be inserted for satellite television. Receivers normally have two common interfaces. A receiver with a common interface allows the user to access encrypted television broadcasts as opposed to free-to-air (FTA) channels.

It is not needed, however it may be possible to use your Common Interface (CI) in combination with Conditional Access Module (CAM) and get some extra channels on top of the existing free-to-view Freeview channels: so its probably something that you will never use.

Please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** haven't mentioned the stop, pause and rewind facility?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which we use nearly all the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

sorry about the delay, give me a moment to check on that for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Electronics Tech,
I quote "Also remember, you don’t have to take my response as the final word on your question. Feel free to continue the conversation until you’re satisfied. No extra charge."

yes, that is correct. Your complete satisfaction is my goal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, thank god for that. I was beginning to worry that that was the end of the conversation. Sorry. Ok, I will wait for you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking me for another £22? Or is it just another advert? Please, I would like to know about this tv, especially the live pause faility?

yes, those are just optional offers in case you need remote tech support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will you now answer my question, please?

Do you have a Freeview HD Recorder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or at least I think so. I have a Talk Talk box, that hasn't been connected yet. I can't see where to connect it?

okay, here is a link to help you install the box>http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-install-your-youview-box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is this the answer to the live pause facility? Or is that a separate issue?

yes, that will get your live, pause rewind working. The Panasonic remote does not have that function.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for your time.