Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a digihome Smart TV. I have a BT box from which I

I have a digihome Smart TV. I have a BT box from which I watch the television and connect to players and apps including Netflix. I want to get Youtube on my TV but it keeps telling me to check my internet connection. How can I open Youtube?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- Was youtube application working fine in this TV and recently got problem?

3- Any idea how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just looking....
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
42278FHDDLEDCNTO (Tesco)
Never had Youtube app. on this TV
Around 7 months old
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
DIGIHOME television
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Does TV has builtin youtube app?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Also, other apps in TV work fine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you select YouTube which the TV has on it , it says 'please check the internet connection'
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only using Netflix so far - the set is also connected to a BT box
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, so Netflix app works fine but youtube doesn't, correct?
Have you tried to check firmware update as option might be available in TV menu to check firmware/ software update?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no - not tried that. The Netflix comes from the BT box.... maybe I need to get the Youtube app on here instead of the TV ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can the BT box get the YouTube app, do you know? It isn't on the list of apps that is sent from the BT box
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

ah OK, I thought Netflix app is builtin TV and this info clears the things.

You would need to run Network Setup in TV menu to establish wifi connection with router to connect the TV to internet then run youtube app to watch video clips.

If TV doesn't have wifi feature then you would need to use Ethernet cable that plugs in LAN port on rear of TV and internet modem and run netwrok setup in TV menu to connect it to internet. If you don't see youtube app in BT box then it is not possible to add it because this process is entirely in BT company's hands and they can install/ delete any app by sending out firmware/ software update to their BT box.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have connected the TV to the router,using an ethernet cable, but it still says, "check your internet connection". What other options are there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Have you run Network Setup option in TV menu to make connection with router/modem?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

It is similar to when you connect laptop or smart phone to your router.