nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a galaxy trend 2 lite with a very annoying double tap

I have a galaxy trend 2 lite with a very annoying double tap lock. How do I get rid of it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please open Settings app icon, then tap on option Accessibility. Then turn off the option Talk Back. (You may need to select option Vision first, then turn off Talkback there.) That should fix it. If needed, check other options there.

- If needed, press and hold the Power on / off button on the phone, then select the Restart option and confirm, then check. (If needed, press and hold the power on / off button on the phone for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

- If needed, to select an option, tap on it once, then tap on it twice; to scroll, you may need to use two fingers. If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions with some Samsung phone models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TUitr0VIlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06BhPyaHUs

If needed, open Phone icon, then go to Menu there (then Settings), then option Call (or Call settings). Then uncheck option Auto screen off during calls (or option Turn off screen during calls, etc.), and check. (uncheck option proximity sensor)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no option auto screen off during calls or turn off screen during calls
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This happens when you make a call, the lock appears and if you need to pull up the keypad to enter options it becomes a problem.

Thank you for replying back. I'm sorry. When did this issue first occur?

So when you make a call, the lock screen appears. How about when receiving a call?

Do you see the Talkback option and/or option Vision, etc. in Settings -> Accessibility?

- Check all the options / settings in Phone / Call.

- Go to Phone / Call settings, turn on option Pressing the Power key for Answering and ending calls. (Or go to Settings -> Accessories -> Answering and ending calls -> Pressing the Power key.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi.The lock appears when I answer the phone also when I end a call. In the call settings both the pressing the home key and pressing the power key the option box is ticked. The talkback option is off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem is always been there, bought new from Car Phone Warehouse online

Thank you. Can you you please open Settings app icon, then open option Lock screen and check there? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I open Lock Screen 7 options appear 1) Screen lock I use swipe 2) Duel clock 3) Show date. 4) Camera shortcut. 5) owner information. 6) Unlock effect I use Tension. 7) Help text box is not ticked.
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 11 months ago.

Hi Stuart, I am Nathan.

You cant remove that double tap lock while calling because your phone doesn't have proximity sensor to avoid accidental touch to the screen while calling.

nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi. Very disappointing, rubbish phone, Samsung usually good but this one is not, time for a change
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you recommend a Samsung that does not have the Double Tap lock

Yes sure. There are so many Samsung phones available right now in the market. All the galaxy s7,s6,s5 does not have double tap lock.

Any phone which has Proximity Sensor will not have double tap lock feature while calling. There are other Samsung phones like A5,A3, J5 also which do not have double tap lock.