Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Problem with my panasonic viera tx-50a400b. Continually have

Problem with my panasonic viera tx-50a400b.
Continually have red led onlight flashing.
Main menu screen keeps flashing up and the disappearing.
If press Av on remote, input selection screen comes up and just scrolls down through tv/av1/av2/hdmii1and hdmi2.
Is this a software problem?
I have switched on and off, checked all leads into Sky box then checked leads from sky box to tv.
Any ideas
Graeme
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Have you checked the control buttons on TV itself as one might be sticky and causing the problem?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think about 2 years old. Problem has existed for about three / four days and started with input selection screen staying on at first but now seems to be Main menu screen as well.
I have tried the buttons at the back and they seem ok, although can't seem to switch on/off with power button
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems main board internal issue where main controller chip is generating commands on its own, however, it could be control button board issue as well, it needs to remove back cover of TV and disconnect control button board from main board while TV is ON to see if it corrects the issue.

If problem still persist then main board is defective and will be replaced to resolve the problem. Please get the part number off of main board to search/ google it to get price info to order it if you have plan to do-it-yourself, I have found one supplier that offers used main board on less amount..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TNP4G568-1A-TXN-A1DDVB-PANASONIC-TX-50A400B-MAIN-BOARD-/231979891040

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Sounds like a visit to a tv repair shop.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV problem. If you're uncomfortable working on it yourself then local TV repair shop is next choice to fix the TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you and good luck~

Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are these plug in boards?
I.e. Are they easy to disconnect or is there soldering required?
I could do it if just a matter of plugging in new board having unplugged controler board to check if this shows it to be main board.
Graeme
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Main board replacement doesn't need soldering work, plug & play type thing. Disconnect/ unplug connector of control button board to determine the bad board then replace it to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.