Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Morning, I purchased phone yesterday,came home, my husbands

Morning,
I purchased phone yesterday,came home, my husbands friend was helping me ,I changed password ***** he left , phone won,t
recognize new password, therefore cannot access my phone?
How can i gain access to re-set ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your phone?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Samsung galaxy A3 2016

Thank you. Please press & hold the Power button on the phone for about 25 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If that does not work, please try the following:

1. Press and hold the Power button, then select the Power off option and confirm to turn it off for now. (If needed, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to turn it off.)
  2. Press at the same time the 3 buttons Volume Up, Home, and Power until the samsung / recovery menu appears, then release.
  3. Use the Volume Down button to highlight option wipe data/factory reset, then press Power button.
  4. Use the Volume Down button to highlight option Yes ..., then press Power button.
  5. Wait a bit for the process to finish.
  6. Press Power button to reboot system now.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have held 3buttons as requested..still nothing...still asking me for password ????

Make sure the phone is powered off before holding those 3 buttons. If needed, remove the battery from the phone for 30 seconds, then reinstall it, then hold those 3 buttons.

Please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQfncErDHv4

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry; it took me a few minutes to troubleshoot and to write. Make sure the phone is powered off before holding those 3 buttons. If needed, remove the battery from the phone for 30 seconds, then reinstall it, then hold those 3 buttons.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** all steps as instructed...says that device was reset..asking now for emAil,which I did , saying it cannot find google account that wass previously synced to device

You're welcome. Did you use the same exact google (usually gmail email address) that you & your friend used to set up your new phone yesterday? Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dont know gmail address Viet, all i done was enter my phone number and email address, how do i bypass this request as im no further on ??

The phone requires entering the exact email address that was used to set up the phone yesterday. Do you remember that email address?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The only email address i have is the 1 that I have tried unsuccessfully,

Does it let you skip this step on the phone?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is trying to authenticate for me...no account found with this email address ?

Can you skip this step on the phone?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Doesn't give me option to bypass this Viet ?

Does it let you create / set up a new account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No Viet, every time i try to go back steps,it keeps bringing me back to ...sign in with google account ?

Can you check with his friend if he did set up an gmail email address on your phone yesterday?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mark ,who we purchased phone from instore,done the setup before we left store...all we done at home was add notebook etc ?

Do you remember if Mark used your email address or another email address on your phone? Did he ask for your email address?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Viet, I gave him my email address which he definately used..?? As he double checked email with myself ? How come it will not give me option to bypass this stage or reset same

Sorry, that is strange. For security protection, the phone will always ask for the email address (google account) that was set up with the phone. Maybe he also set up a gmail email address? Can you check with Mark again? Otherwise, they need to replace the phone for you. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks Viet, my husband is going to go back instore to try and attain what gmail was set up ? As he definately only asked me for my email address ..

You're very welcome. Yes. If there is still any issue later, please let me know. Thank you for your patience. Thank you,