JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Denon RCD-M39DAB. During a party the other night, a

I have a Denon RCD-M39DAB.
During a party the other night, a book was placed on top of the unit, covering the vents. It overheated and cut-out. There was a slight burning smell. It was very hot to the touch.
I unplugged it immediately and left it to cool down. Next morning I plugged it back in. The LED above the on/off switch flashes red and it still doesn't work.
Can this be fixed or will I have to replace it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This would suggest a main board fault, this can be fixed but would require it to be taken to a repair centre, if you provide me with your post code I can suggest a suitable repair centre.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks James.
Postcode is CM23 3NE (Bishops Stortford).
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, talking to a colleague he suggested you take it into Audio File Objective (01279 724024) who are five miles from you, however I havent been able to get hold of them to give me a estimate for repair.

Alternatively the nearest approved service centre (01895 422244) is 60 miles from you, and they charge £35 plus parts which I would think would be around £45.

If you need anything clarified please let me know.

James