Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have multi coloured lines on our screen but not all the

We have multi coloured lines on our screen but not all the time. Sometimes the screen is completely clear and a lovely picture. We are not sure if it is the TV, Sky box or the satellite dish. Do you have any ideas please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have a Samsung UE46C6000 FHD. Product Code 374763. We have a DVD player connected but hardly ever use it. The lines seem to come on when the TV is switched on first thing. Sometimes they will stay all day and sometimes they will just go as if a switch has gone off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info and sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

- Any other issue like delayed power up etc in TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TV is about 5 years old.
We have had this problem for about 4 weeks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that sometimes it says we have no signal but after a minute it goes ok. (It says it is reactivating),
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info. First of all please disconnect power lead of TV and connected devices for 10 minutes to reset them, reconnect power and turn them On to see if it fix the issue.

If problem persist then it would be TV internal issue and most probably failing power supply board or t-con board in TV can be cause of these symptoms. If needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to check output volts of power supply board, if volts are as per specs then t-con board is most likely failing and should be replaced to resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you we'll try what you suggest but not today as picture is clear.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We did the above this morning and after switching back on the lines were there. However all lines have now gone and we have a lovely picture?
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, it seems t-con board related issue, reconnect ribbon cables plugged into t-con board that will refresh the connections and it might help to resolve the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please that would be great as I have no idea what you mean.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

T-con board is located at lower middle at rear of TV, couple of flat ribbon cables from t-con board going inside screen, you would need to reconnect these cables very carefully because these flat cables are very fragile and damaged easily which will be irrevocable loss so do it at your own risk.

Reconnecting those cables will help to refresh the connections of cables to t-con board that might help to resolve the problem. If you feel uncomfortable doing so then ask local TV repairman to do it for you. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.