nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I just purchased an unlocked Galaxy J3 Which appears to be

I just purchased an unlocked Galaxy J3 Which appears to be model (SM-J320FN). I was told that I could get Android 6.0 or 6.01 on the device.
Can I use Oden to install firmware version J320R4TYU1APE1 on the device? I live in the US, and have an AT&T sim card.

Hi Scott. Welcome to justanswer.

If you root your phone then you will void the warranty. It will get a 6.0 update when Samsung rolls out the new android OS for this version. You should wait for the official update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not think that using ODIN and SamMobile rooted the phone. Does this method really root the phone?

Yes ODIN will root your device and will install an unofficial version of OS. And if you do so you will void the 1 year warranty that came with your Samsung phone as this will update the firmware of your device.

Samsung is soon about to launch the Marshmallow update for Samsung J3, so I would advise you to wait for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

Do you have any other query?

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks