Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

About 7 years ago I purchased a Sat. Nav. nuvi 1390 serial

Customer Question

Good evening. About 7 years ago I purchased a Sat. Nav. nuvi 1390 serial number 1NE324442 for about £150. I think I have updated the maps on two occasions since but at £50 per update, as a pensioner, I find that to be very expensive. Today's machines are available for less than that sum with free map updates. Is there any way that this cost can be reduced or even made available free of charge for my machine?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The Nuvi is a paid service from Garmin, that provide up to date maps. You are not obligated to update the maps, and therefore you can avoid the cost.

If you do use a free service, you will see that the maps are incorrect and outdated or you require a data connection which is a seperate set of costs.