Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

As i was watching my TV suddenly a loud bang went with the

Customer Question

As i was watching my TV suddenly a loud bang went with the tv switching off along with the power supply.I have examined the inside of the tv by removing the backcover and through watching u-tube could not find any obvious faults, what has caused this .
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
As i was watching my TV suddenly a loud bang went with the tv switching off along with the power supply.I have changed the fuse and also examined the inside of the tv by removing the backcover and through watching tv toubleshooting videos can not find what has caused this and remedy the problem
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
service offer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
can you respond asap
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi Jag,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

What is the make and model number of the TV?
Approximately how old is it?

Do you plan on carrying out the repairs yourself, or are you looking for a repairer near you?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the make is Technika and the model is LCD 32-270 and the tv is about 6 yrs old.I just tried what i know intiall y but am willing to try a repairer to fix the problem
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Most likely the power supply board will need to be replaced, based on your symptoms.

To troubleshoot yourself, you will need a voltmeter and some experience in testing high voltages to check if the power supply board is faulty.

You can then get a replacement power supply board from www.expresstvparts.co.uk, www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk or eBay for around £25.

Alternatively a local TV or electronics repair shop can test and repair or replace the board for you.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------