Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DVD HDD and Video recorder model

I have a Panasonic DVD HDD and Video recorder model DMR-EX98VEB. When I switch it on HELLO appears in the window followed by U80. Then nothing happens. Have I inadvertently pressed a button causing this to happen? I have tried looking at the manual but to no avail. HELP
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing happens same result
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

With it powered on, on the unit itself hold the channel up and down buttons for 7 seconds then release.

This should initiate the reset of the unit and on the TV you should see it enter the setup procedure.

Do this, complete the process and tell me if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.