JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

DSC W830, in a hard case cover was soaked in double cream

DSC W830, in a hard case cover was soaked in double cream which penetrated the cover. I had sent it to Sony Europe ltd., to have it returned with advice for what to do next? I had tried wrapping it in silica gel for three days, but this has proven ineffective....please have you any realistic suggestions.....
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Silica will only really help with liquids as it absorbs moisture.

What is the fault with the camera, will it turn on at all, or show any sign of life?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No fault with the camera until this happened.It shows no sign of life at all, and won't turn on at all.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Right the camera needs to be stripped down, and cleaned.

You will probably find the terminals are either shorted or corroded, so need cleaned.

Its worth checking the battery is charged by using a multi meter across the terminals, as it may well be the battery is totally flat, at which point a new battery may also be required.

Due to the complexity of this model I would suggest you send it away for repair, my advise is using Digi Cam Fixer I have referred customer to them a few times and they have always heard good things, their number is *****(###) ###-####/p>