Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Yamaha digital mini grand. The fault I have is that

I have a Yamaha digital mini grand. The fault I have is that the D key throughout the octaves does not sound. Initially it was only one d key (next to middle C). Sounds like something loose. Any advice?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Keith,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

This problem can occur if the sensor pads under the keys get coated in dust or dirt.

It is a common problem on these digital pianos, and the keyboard will need to be disassembled to get to the bottom of the keys and clean the sensor pads.

Let me know if this is something you are likely to attempt yourself, or if you are looking for a repairer in your area?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete, Thanks for reply; I suspect it is spot on as piano has been kept in dusty environment recently. Can you give me some hint on accessing the internals of a mini grand! Hopefully then I can complete the attempt.