JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have just bought an FZ200 bridge camera; the automatic and

Customer Question

I have just bought an FZ200 bridge camera; the automatic and intelligent automatic modes function very well, but I am unable to access the A (aperture priority) and other program modes.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning sorry to hear your having issues with your camera.

What happens when you set the knob on the top of the camera to the "A" position, does an A appear in red the top left hand corner on the LCD display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press the control wheel inwards, the "2.8" icon at the bottm of the screen turns from white to yellow, but remains on that figure when I turn the wheel.Thanks for the help!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

So the control wheel is set to "A", but you dont see the A on the top right hand corner of the display.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On this camera, the settings appear on the top LEFT corner, and the red "A" does appear there, in the right place; I suspect it may be a fault with the camera;And a further problem is that the computer does not recognize the camera when I connect it via the USB port.I should add that I have been using cameras of all sorts, including DSLRs, for the last 50 years
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This certainly sounds like a software issue on the camera, I would suggest you take it to a service centre,

If you provide me your postcode I can find the nearest repair centre, so you can arrange its repair, as I dont think this is a consumer level fix.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the camera on Amazon last week; it looks as though the best thing to do is simply to return it.With many thanks, from a small village in the middle of France,Walter
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Walter,

That sounds like the best option if your not near a big city, and its still under the Amazon warranty.

James