Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

My CLX-3185FW laser printer says 'Ready to Copy' then

Customer Question

My CLX-3185FW laser printer says 'Ready to Copy' then 'Replace New Image Unit'. I've done that and it still says the same message. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

The new imaging unit may not be detected by the printer.

Try removing it and firmly re-inserting it again.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Of course I've tried doing it several times. I think a circuit board is at fault, if you can tell me which one I can replace it with one from another Samsung CLX 3185 that I have. Neither printer works at present - just trying to get the wireless one to be operable. The WiFi bit is perfect. If I try and do a copy it tells me that no functions are available if that helps. Thanks, ***** ***** I'm not home until tomorrow now to respond to any further message from you.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

The drum may be faulty - do you have another drum you can try?

Replacing the board will not help, as each board is linked to a particular machine so it will get confused.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have Pete and it gives me the same message. Are there any settings that I can change if I can't swap a board? I really want to get this printer working. Home all day now so will be able to respond immediately to any suggestions. Many thanks, Jez
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

There aren't any settings that you can change to make the board work.

I will check if the other techs have any further ideas on this one...

Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've tried the printer again and after 'System Initialise' and 'Warming Up' it says 'Updating Data' before I get 'Replace New Image Unit'. Don't know whether that helps at all. Regards, Jez
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Nicola, I'm prepared to wait. I have another message about securely connecting the device over the internet for fixing. Is that anything to do with you please? Regards, Jez
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good afternoon
I take it that as I haven't heard from you further, you are having difficulties finding a technician to help me. Under these circumstances I suggest you drop the matter and refund me my £20 as you haven't helped me at all. Many thanks, Jez