Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic 4 phone set (one base and 3 extra phones)

I have a Panasonic 4 phone set (one base and 3 extra phones) Model No. KX-TG6524EB. One of the handsets (not the base set) has stopped working. There is no ring from it or noises when buttons are pressed. I have recharged the two batteries inside the handset and tried the batteries from another handset but it still won't work. Can you suggest anything else that I can do please. Gaynor
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi thee and welcome

Do you still see information on the screen of the handset?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please wait a moment while I replace the batteries into the handset.Yes, the time and date show plus the icons underneath.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You cannot securely connect to my device as it is a hands free phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** ignore that message, it's from the website

Can you follow the instructions on page 26 of the manual here

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tgc210_mul_om.pdf

To first deregister that problem handset.

Then register it again to the base unit and tell me if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The page isn't available and I lost contact with you. but eventually found you again. What do I do if I lose contact with you again?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please could you talk me through deregistering my hand set and reregistering it with the base set as the page will come up from the instruction book web page you sent to me?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Keep this page open, and use this link in a new web page, the link works for me, so I am not sure the issue but use this link please

http://tinyurl.com/jb3yoc5

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry the page will not come up from the web page you sent to me.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

use the second link I gave you please

http://tinyurl.com/jb3yoc5

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok what do I do if I lose contact with you again?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is a PDF error which prevents me from opening this page.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You return to this web page, it is still there, when you click the link it opens in a new tab within the web page.

Or if you want I can call you and step you through this as an additional service?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
will this definitely work if I accept?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I will be able to call you and go through the steps with you, yes, but we need to do this to rule out this as the cause of the problem. Normally there are no issue with getting the file sent but seems your computer has a number of issues.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

please give me the number to call.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You will need to contact me using 07541 306374.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

calling now

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. 3 of the handsets are showing press the symbol for 5 seconds and then place in base. The one sitting in the main base still has the time date, etc. on it, so I think that we might be ready to go Please.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

calling

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Handset 3 still won't ring out loud or make noises when the buttons are pressed. All the others work as I phoned my landline with my mobile, so we still have the same problem I am afraid.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted in that handset, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your help anyway. I think that we will have to manage with 3 phones as it is well out of warranty. Thanks again.
Gaynor