Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Help !!! I spilt a mug of tea over my cvp92 YAMAHA clavinova

help !!! I spilt a mug of tea over my cvp92 YAMAHA clavinova keyboard. the two lower octaves variously play extra loud or not at all. unfortunately my house insurance does not cover accidental damage
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi David,

Are you planning on attempting to clean and repair the keyboard yourself, or are you looking for a repair tech in your area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not sure. The audio/electronics technician who does most of the local schools and college's work is on extended holiday to Oct.He put new pads in for me in Nov 15 I did watch him but not closely . I studied A level physics and understand basic electrical circuits. Can you tell me if the design follows the usual system of 240v reduced to 12v through a transformer ? many thanks *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Regretfully although I have basic house and contents insurance I am not insured for this.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

This problem is likely caused by liquid getting onto the contact sensors under the keys, so you will need to disassemble the keyboard area and clean any liquid off those sensors so that they can detect the key presses accurately again.

The cleaning is straightforward, however disassembling the clavinova is not straightforward and requires some experience in this area.

You could attempt it yourself if you work through it methodically, and document or take photos of each screw and each part you remove.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------