Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TV TX P42X20L and when I switch it on it

I have a Panasonic TV TX P42X20L and when I switch it on it goes immediately to standby mode with a little red light flashing three times, the TV does not respond to the remote
any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn the power On.

Does power light still blink 3 times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that no difference power light still blinks 3 times
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, 3 time flashing power light is an error code that indicates 3.3V failure and you would need to replace A board (main board where all video inputs are located) in TV to resolve the problem. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV problem. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea on the cost of a new CB?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Main board would cost around 50 to 60 Pounds, please get the part number off of main board inside TV to search/ google it to get better price info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you again
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, wish you good luck~