Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an EPSON STYLUS SX600FW printer, linked by cable to

Customer Question

I have an EPSON STYLUS SX600FW printer, linked by cable to my MacBook Pro lap-top computer. It has given absolutely stirling service (domestic use) for more than five years and was bought new. At the moment the printer icon simply jumps up and down and sends a message when tapped that the printer can not be found.When I delete the "job" it says printer found, but still refuses to print from my computer. All other functions are perfect. I use only Epson inks. There is obviously a link between computer and printer, but I can't print any correspondence. Help and recommendations please.
John R.Ward (01652 640343)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, Richard! - exactly the same as before- jumping icon - no printing.
John
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you connect it to a different USB port on the Mac and restart the Mac

Tell me if it then prints please

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have tried all other USB ports to no avail.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please will you 'phone me as a matter of urgency? 01652 640343
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I need to connect to your computer, can you please do the instructions I gave so I can connect and resolve this for you.

I repeated them again below

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I simply bought the printer and had it connected to my computer. I have no record of password ***** ID - sorry!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You need to read the message I sent and do the instructions please.

I again repeat it, please do not rush through the message... but read and follow it.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am a private citizen and only use my computer and printer for domestic and family matters. The aim has been and is to keep things as simple as possible. If necessary I will buy a new printer!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

That will not help, please can you do the instructions I keep repeating to you so we can fix this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please note again - I have no password ***** ID code
John
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes John, as you have not done the instructions I gave you.....

Why are you only reading once sentence and ignoring the rest?