Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The picture on the tv now looks like a film negative and it

Hi the picture on the tv now looks like a film negative and it will not let me access the tone button on settings in the picture mode. Can you help please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard,
have done what you said but sadly the picture is still the same and the tint option is still not accessible.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me please the make and model of the TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
F2620LVD KESA UK, HU1 3AU Ferguson26" HD Reday Digital Lcd tv/dvd
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

If you press menu on the remote does the menu show on the TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, I cannot get the manual for this model online, but you should have under the menu a pictures settings area, and within this a reset.

Can you tell me when you locate this please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on menu now
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

you should have under the menu a pictures settings area, and within this a reset.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have found Reset button under the heading function....no reset on the picture menu.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, choose that reset then its for the entire TV, it will then require you to set it up.

Do this and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi the reset button is only being applied to the channel list.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It is running through the auto tune again correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
wasn't doing anything so no have gone onto auto tuning and it is seems to be running through the process.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, that was the reset, let me know how it looks when finishing this

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, what are you watching the TV from? A DVD, Satellite box? Cable Box?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
none, just straight into the ariel.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, do you have a DVD player or another device we can use to see if that also shows the same issue on this TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all other tv's in the house are working ok,
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, but what I am asking is do you have a DVD player or another device we can use to see if that also shows the same issue on this TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry no I don't.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, can you connect the TV to one of the other aerial connections where the other TV's are connected to and tell me if it gives the same issue?

Then we can rule out the cable as the issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it seems the issue is on the tint button and colour temperature button under the heading of picture in settings. both of these buttons will not highlight to access. i have to do the school run will be in touch in about an hour. thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, but it can be the signal being received so we need to rule this out please with my last instructions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just tried swapping over with another tv's connection in another room and the problem is the same, but the other tv is working ok
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the issue it is either the T-con board or mainboard that has faulted, likely the T-con board as only the display has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** will no longer be under warrenty....do you know if the repair is costly, ie worth having the tv mended?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

If it is the T-con board, then the cost is not too expensive, and with labor can be around £150