Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How can I get my cannon mx925 to find my apple lap top I

how can I get my cannon mx925 to find my apple lap top
I have been able to print in the past

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to print?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says the printer is not connected.I am a bit worried about you having access to my lap top

It's ok, it is an optional service, we can continue here.

How is the printer connected to the computer? Via a USB cable or wireless?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless, although my son wondered if it was bluetooth, and the blue tooth box is open.

ok, it does not have bluetooth so it is via wireless then.

Are other computers able to print to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the apple lap top

ok, can you make sure to reconnect it to your wireless network please

To do this, follow the instructions on my link below

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pixma_mx925_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

Once done and it is connected, restart the Mac and tell me if it now prints correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done this this afternoon, with no change to the problem.may be I should let you do this securely, I am worried about getting computer bugs though

ok, there is no way to get any bugs with the connection as it is secured, plus you see and control everything

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ID was 12346789
password ***** 123456 but it just kept on bouncing all over the place will try to get back there now

ok, thats from the picture on the link I gave you.

You need to please actual click the download in the middle of the page and download and run the file please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that the Team viewer part

yes, thats the program you need to install and run

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I an getting fed up with this, I am 73 and my son installed the computer, it is asking for the password ***** p walker, used all the ones I thought and no luck and ideas. If not I will need to forget the whole idea

If you do not know your password ***** install your programs, then you either will have to ask your Son what he set it as.

Or do the below procedure to reset it

Power off the Mac

Right after you hear the chime, press and hold the Command and the R keys for a few seconds, then release. Soon, you'll see the Apple logo and spinning gear (or progress bar).

This will force the Mac to boot into OS X on the Recovery Partition that was created when you installed

When booting is complete, you'll see a window of "OS X Utilities." You won't do anything there. Instead, you'll go to the Menu bar at the top and select Utilities > Terminal.

In the terminal window type the following and hit Return.

resetpassword

A new window will open, like this:

http://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/20140617resetpassword1a.jpg

Click on the the main volume, then select the desired user account name in the popup. Then enter the new password (twice). A password ***** is optional. Click "Save."

Go back to the Apple Menu at the top. Select OS X Utilities > Quit OS X Utilities. That will prompt you to restart the Mac.

When the Mac restarts normally, you'll be able to log in to the administrator account with the new password ***** defined above. From there you can manage the rest of of the users if necessary with System Preferences > Users & Groups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is working like yourself, have text him but he might be working late tonight,, I do not fancy trying the other bits as I can not remember instructions and do not want to be without a computer as well. Thank you for your help, might have to try again tomorrow if that is o.k sorry I thought this was going to be easy

tomorrow is no problem, we can resume then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
Pauline back, prog installed, my pass word is 220976

I need the ID as well please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
qic277
these are the two on the page sorry other one is wrong

connecting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I seem to have lost you as you said i would

yes, and as agreed to come back here after the reset and give me the new password ***** teamviewer please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
password ***** to be the same, unless i have to go somewhere else and find it###-##-####qic277

conected