Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My jvc tv will not come on, the blue light flashes a few

My jvc tv will not come on, the blue light flashes a few times then the jvc logo flashes on the screen then both go off. My model number is ***** 39" smart tv.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

- Does TV switch itself back On and shows JVC logo, in other words does this happen repeatedly or JVC logo appears once then nothing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jvc logo flashes on for a second then nothing at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn the TV and check?

Any idea how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried all that, TV is 18 months old hardly used
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The on off button is a combination button that controls volume channel and on off
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, unfortunately TV symptoms indicate main board failure that doesn't boot up fully due to internal failure and causing the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then you can buy main board for this TV from following supplier for 28 Pounds to get it replaced in TV..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-AV-BOARD-FOR-JVC-LT-39C740-A-39-LED-TV-17MB95M-23223332-T390HVN04-/361647430860?hash=item5433dddccc:g:d~IAAOSwMsVXjk5z

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.