JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have 2 sharp cash register one of them is xe-a213 and the

Hi I have 2 sharp cash register one of them is xe-a213 and the other one is xe-a207 can you tell me how to completely clear the entire memory so there isn't any previous history on it as I bought both of them second hand and I want to use them from zero memory
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good evening,

Sorry for the delay in responding, the A213 programming manual can be found here (http://www.salopcashregisters.co.uk/pdf's/XEA203Programming.pdf), you will need this to set it up once you clear the memory. To clear the memory you need to perform a master rest, which is at the top of page 3 of the manual, and can also be found below.
1) Unplug the AC cord from the wall outlet, or set the mode switch to OFF position.

2) Let the ECR be without the memory backup battery.

3) Wait over 1 minute for discharging.

4) Set the mode switch to any position except OFF.

5) Plugin the AC cord to the wall outlet, or turn the mode switch from OFF position to another position.

6) Insert batteries before carrying out operation after master resetting

For A207 the programming manual can be found here (http://www.sharpthai.co.th/DealerSystem/download/Programming_Manual.pdf), the resetting process is similar to that of A213, and can also be found on page 3.

3) Wait over 1 minute for discharging.

Please refer to the operator manual for where to find the backup battery, they are normally located in a compartment under the paper roll.