Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Brother MFC J6910DW is paper jamming at the rear on every

My Brother MFC J6910DW is paper jamming at the rear on every single page. It looks like the sheet of paper is not feeding between the rollers.
Could it be that the paper is not pushed far enough for the rollers to pick it up?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is likely the motor is not turning correctly, or the rollers are not picking up the paper correctly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Richard,
This actually made some difference. The paper ended up just between the rollers but didn't get any further.
Paper jam again
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you open the printer and wipe down all the rollers, making sure they are as clean as possible, then let it dry for 10 minutes, close it back up and tell me if it now prints better please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much. My printer is printing again without jamming. How just cleaning these rollers could make all difference between jamming or not.
Many thanks Richard.