JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My email contacts are receiving emails from my address that

My email contacts are receiving emails from my address that I have not sent.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

There are two potential issues, you may have a virus on your machine or your e-mail account password ***** have been compromised.

Can you advise what anti virus you have installed on the PC you use to send e-mails from, and who your e-mail provider is?

I suggest you change your password ***** a matter of priority, and use something completly different eg if your password ***** Welcome1 dont use Welcome2.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am using Norton anti virus. My email provider yahoo. I did change my password.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you confirm your Norton anti virus is up to date, and how you send e-mails (is it via the web browser or via a email program such as outlook)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The anti virus is up to date it was doing checks today. I send emails via my yahoo email page I write what I want to send and to what address with subject and click on the send and it goes.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok so you sending e-mails via webpage, eg by going to yahoo.com logging in.

This would most likely rule out a virus on your PC, a virus on your PC would most likely only affect you if e-mails are being sent from an application on the PC such as Outlook.

When you go to Yahoo, in the 'Sent' folder, do you see the e-mails which are being sent from your account without your knowledge, or onyl the ones you compose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just looked in the sent folder and only the emails I have sent are shown. there is no others shown.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok this would suggest someone has managed to obtain your e-mail password ***** send e-mails from a third party product.

By changing your password ***** should stop any further e-mails being sent from your e-mail without your knowledge.

James