JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a DSC-RX100M3 that will not power up I have checked

Customer Question

I have a DSC-RX100M3 that will not power up I have checked that the battery is charged and I note that the red indicator for the memory card is flashing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

The flashing light suggests an initialisation fault, more often than not its the battery.

You mentioned the battery is charged, can you advise if this is the original battery and how it was charged?

In terms of troubleshooting have you performed a power cycle\reset, by removing the battery and memory card, and holding down the power button for 15 seconds, then trying to turn it back on with just battery inserted (leave the memory card out)?

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response I tried your suggestion but no success
It is the original battery and it has been charged via a mains charger
I have had it checked and it is 50% charged at the moment
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a hardware fault on the camera, most likely its a PCB failure.

I would recommend you take the camera to Jessops they offer a very good repair service, and have had very good feedback from a number of customers who have used them over the years.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or sp, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James